Here we are on Friday again. Just in case anyone thought that I just come up with these questions, I do quite a bit of research and as Jeremy Paxman on University Challenge says – “Of course I know the answers, I have them written down in front of me!”
The answers are also in the first comment below and there are some clues in the photos.
- What is the capital of the Philippines?
- Where in the body would you find your patella?
- Which Shakespeare play starts with the lines, “If music be the food of love, play on.” It’s said by the Duke Orsino who is love sick. It also involves crossed garters and yellow stockings.
- Denim is a well known material used for jeans etc. Where does the name come from?
- Who managed the Beatles’ prior to his early death in 1967?
- Which French Queen was sent to the guillotine for execution in 1793?
- Who is historically protected by a group known as the Swiss Guard?
- Hakuna Matata (“No Worries”) made famous by The Lion King is derived from which East African language?
- Which American founding father is also credited with inventing the bifocal lenses and the lightning conductor?
- Project Gutenberg is an online provider of free ebooks. It is named after which inventor of the printing press?