I’ve been looking back at all the years of this millenium/century. I know that purists will insist that 2000 was in the previous century but lets just stay with the common concensus and start the century with 2000. I won’t ask a question about 2021 either. This has turned into a much bigger project that I had realised so I’ll do 10 questions today and 11 tomorrow.
Some clues are in the images and as usual the answers are in the first comment below.
- Steve Redgrave is an Olympic rower won gold in the 2000 Olympics. How many gold medals did he have with this one?
- in 2001 Shrek, the large green ogre voiced by Mike Myers first appeared in the cinema. Who voiced the donkey?
- 2002 saw an ex-president of the United States win a Nobel Prize for Peace. Who was it?
- In 2003 the Human Genome project was completed. It mapped the DNA sequence for humans and advanced the field of science and medicine immeasurably. What does DNA stand for?
- In 2004 Mark Zuckerberg and others created the online social media platform, Facebook. Students from which higher education institution were initially the only ones allowed to join?
- In 2005 Pope John Paul II died. What was his nationality?
- In 2006 the International Astronomical Union redefined a planet, resulting in Pluto being ‘demoted’ to what status now?
- In 2007 the iPhone was first introduced by the CEO of Apple. What was his name?
- The summer Olympics of 2008 started on the 8 August in Bejing in China. Why was this date chosen?
- January 2009 US Airways Flight 1549 was hit by a flock of birds after take off and the pilot successfully guided the plane to a ‘ditching’ onto the Hudson River, in which city?