Something a little different today. It’s my birthday and I am a bit busy, so it’s shorter than usual. I have always had a very good birthday as my parents went to great lengths to ensure it wasn’t swallowed up by the Christmas Festivities. So here is a non-Christmas short quiz based on my birthday, because I’m indulging myself for a day. As usual the answers are in the first comment below. There are no picture clues today, so just some reflections from yesterday.
- Born on 18 December – which film director became a household name after a hit movie in 1975 based on a novel of the same name by Peter Benchley?
- Born on 18 December – who is the co-principal songwriter with The Rolling Stones, responsible for, in my opinion, the best intro to any pop-song – Sympathy for the Devil?
- Born on the 18 December – born in 1878, the second leader of the Soviet Union till his death in 1953?
- Born on the 18 December 1963 a global superstar who’s career began as a cowboy hitchiker in Thelma and Louise in 1991?
- Died on the 18 December 2006 an animator, director and producer, responsible for Yogi Bear, Top Cat, The Flintstones among many others?